Wednesday 13 March 2013

Hexagons

As a child, my cousin used to play a lot of computer games. Once he played a WW2 tank game which used a hexagon map to depict terrain. After a couple of weeks, playing night and day, on his way to school he started to think of his own movement in terms of how many hexagons he could move forward each turn. At that point he stopped playing the game for a while. Maybe this got me interested in hexagons.

I'm currently working on a simple game which will have board game and tabletop elements. I want to use single based 28 mm miniatures and large hexagons. I have a basic idea how I want the rules to work, but instead of writing down the rules first and testing them, which would be the reasonable thing to do, I started to prepare game materials.

49 hexagons

The first 49 hexagons. They are made from 10 mm thick Kapa board and have a side length of 80 mm.

20 arrows

20 arrows which I made out of Fimo, a polymer clay.

174 hexagons

174 hexagons.

No comments:

Post a Comment