Sunday 17 March 2013

Behemoth

clay dino

I made this behemoth about a year ago with my children.

Saturday night it saw some action against Krüger's High Elves in a game of HOTT.

I played my warband army: warband general, 6 warbands, behemoth, 3 flyers. Krüger played his blade army: blade general, 5 blades, 3 knights, magician, shooter.

I was the defender. I covered one half of the battlefield with woods and left the other half empty.

I put one warband element in a wood next to my stronghold to guard it and deployed all the other elements on the empty half of the battlefield. The general and 2 other warbands received rear support by warbands.

Krüger deployed his army opposite of mine, so we basically only used one half of the battlefield which was flat good going.

The PIPs, I diced for in the first rounds, were high, so I was able to advance quickly.

Before our battlelines met, Krüger was able to scry one of my flyers by magical means.

In close combat my behemoth destroyed one of his knights. Well done, Dino! Then one of Krüger's knights killed 2 of my warbands and his general killed my general and the supporting warband behind him, thus deciding the game.

Well done, Krüger!

No comments:

Post a Comment