Sunday 18 November 2012

Generic Green Creatures


Warband General (2 points)

green creatures

6 Warbands (12 points)

I play Hordes of the Things on a 120 mm x 120 mm board with single based 28 mm miniatures put on regiment bases that have a base width of 80 mm. (I basically double all the measurements recommended for playing with 15 mm miniatures.) To fix the miniatures to the regiment bases, I use magnets and flexible steel sheets.

The core of my army consists of a warband general and 6 warbands. I tried all kinds of elements to supplement my core army, a hero, a magician, behemoths and beasts, and finally decided to play the following list: a warband general, 6 warbands, a behemoth and 3 flyers.

Warbands are difficult to play, so I posted a question in the Fanaticus Forum: what would be a good match against this army? People kindly responded and Alan Saunders suggested a list: 6 blades, 3 knights, a magician and a shooter.

Krüger, the friend whom I regulary play HOTT with, accepted to try the list against me. The miniatures he uses are old school GW High Elves. We have played 6 very challenging games using the two lists so far. I won 4 times and lost twice. It's too early to tell if the lists are balanced, I guess, but they are lots of fun to play.

Thanks, Alan Saunders!

No comments:

Post a Comment